The Office of Data, Analytics, & Institutional Research at UNT includes two divisions: Data, Analytics, & Institutional Research (DAIR) and Institutional Effectiveness (IE).
- DAIR provides UNT executive staff, deans and department chairpersons with authenticated institutional data for strategic decision-making, college and program accreditation, state reporting and grant funding applications.
- IE supports the ongoing process of collecting and analyzing data and implementing data-driven decisions as related to the goals and outcomes of the UNT Strategic Plan. IE oversees the administration and management of the TracDat database.
- Each year department chairs are required to document program and degree-related outcomes on TracDat.
- TracDat is the University-wide database for collection and storage of academic and administrative assessment plans. UNT focuses on two major categories of expected outcomes: Academic Expected Outcomes (i.e. student learning outcomes) and Non-Academic Expected Outcomes (i.e. Administrative Outcomes).
- Maintenance of the department plan by the chair is vitally important and five different components of Effectiveness (TracDat) reports are reviewed.
- For more information regarding department/division responsibilities and IE cycles, deadlines and training opportunities, visit IE’s website.
The Faculty Information System (FIS) is a repository for faculty achievements in the areas of teaching, research and service. Reports can be generated for personnel review procedures, faculty rosters, and is a single convenient place for faculty to maintain their activity, generate these reports and maintain their faculty profile. For more information on the Faculty Information System (including posting deadlines, FAQs, training slides, and compliance requirements) visit the Faculty Information System tab on the Office of the Provost website. For a list of department FIS Liaisons, see the list of FIS Liaisons and for all deadlines see the current AY calendar.
- Contact: Hope Wilkinson (Hope.Wilkinson@unt.edu)
- Email: Faculty.Info@unt.edu
- Academic Resources Phone: (940) 565-2550
- Websites: http://facultyinfo.unt.edu/ and https://vpaa.unt.edu/faculty-resources
Centers and Institutes provide an important framework for advancing UNT's strategic goals related to externally funded research, outreach, interdisciplinary scholarsip and service. The University currently has thirty-eight (38) Centers and Institutes subject to periodic review in adherance with UNT Policy 06.046 Centers and Institutes. The officers of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Research and Economic Development conduct the reviews of UNT centers and institutes every spring with the assistance of the Executive Council of Center/Institute Directors (ECCID). Current policy calls for centers and institutes to be reviewed on a 3-year cycle.
The Centers and Institutes list provided on the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs wesbite shows the organized research and service units that engage in research and/or public service and training.
The University of North Texas System is committed to maintaining a comprehensive record and information management program in accordance with all applicable laws, institutional policies and industry best practices. The Institutional Records Management Program is led by the Director of Institutional Records Management in the Office of Institutional Compliance and directs records and information management initiatives for the UNT System, UNT and UNT Dallas. For more information see UNT Policy 04.008 Records Management and Retention; or if you have any questions concerning records retention schedules, the disposition process or historical records, please contact the office.
The UNT Budget Office serves as a resource to all levels of management and operating entities within UNT to develop financial plans that support and align with the strategic plan and goals of the institution. Every college at the University has their own budget officer that can assist with any budgetary questions that arise. The University’s budget contact is listed below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (940) 565-3233
- University Budget Officer: Brenda Cates (940) 565-2321
- Website: https://budget.unt.edu/
The Office of Space Management & Planning is the central governing office of all space on campus. The office is responsible for the management of space through planning, tracking, assignment, auditing, analyses, and reporting of current and future needs based on the strategic and research goals of the institution, while maintaining proper alignment with the Master Plan.
Every spring, department chairs are required to complete the Space Survey. All public higher education institutions in the State must submit an annual facility inventory report to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
If you have any space concerns, please email the office at OSMP@unt.edu.
The Office of the Provost Deadline Calendar is distributed to deans and deans’ assistants and includes deadlines that all department chairs should be aware of in order to prepare in advance for nomination requests and recommendations. Chairs should contact the Office of the Provost at (940) 565-2550 for additional information.